The Charlottesville Tom Sox hoisted (well, initially, Michael Wielansky did, to be technical about it) the Jim Lineweaver Trophy last night. Many of the kids have gone home already. Some will go home today, while a precious few will stay a few more days to unwind after a long, hard season.
Does this mean that All Things Valley League will close up shop for the offseason?
This space is a year-round endeavor.
Over the next 10 months, I will be covering at least the following:
- A list of the top hitters, starting pitchers, and relievers in the 2017 VBL season (spoiler alert- Michael Wielansky will be on the list) (And the lists are close to being ready, too. I will post on each player one by one, starting at the bottom.)
- Park factors across the league (this one is close to being ready)
- Minor league news (New York-Penn League All-Stars were just announced. Do you know which VBLers made the list? ATVL does…)
- Major league news (Will Daniel Murphy get more MVP votes this year? Will Jason Kipnis and the Cleveland Indians make it back to the World Series? How about Jon Jay and Tommy La Stella and the Cubs? Brett Gardner and the Yankees?)
- Professional players of the year at each level of affiliated ball (Rookie ball, Low-A, High-A, Double-A… etc. You get the picture.)
- When the college season starts up again, I will be watching alumni to see who performs well during the college season in the spring
- Top prospect lists (Like Michael Gigliotti (Covington 2015)- I would bet he’s going to be on the Kansas City Royal list)
- And anything else that comes up.
So while we’ve finished one chapter, another one begins!
Remember to follow me on instagram @allthingsvalley (All Things Valley League), and Facebook!