Things are clearing up just a little bit….
- Purcellville- 3 games left- @Woodstock, New Market, @Winchester- clinched top two playoff spot, will clinch tie for first with one win or one NM loss. Can not win overall top seed.
- New Market- 4 games left- Winchester, @Purcellville, Woodstock, @Strasburg- 2.5 games in front of Winchester for #2 in the North, still has slim chance at first place. If Rebs win tonight over Royals, they will clinch at least 2nd place.
- Winchester- 3 games left- @New Market, @Charlottesville, Purcellville- 1.5 games behind NM for #2, one win ahead of Strasburg for #4.
- Strasburg- 4 games left- Covington, @Woodstock, @Front Royal, New Market- has clinched a playoff spot. One win behind the Royals for 3rd seed.
- Front Royal- 2 games left- @Woodstock, Strasburg- Eliminated from playoffs.
- Woodstock- 4 games left- Purcellville, Front Royal, Strasburg, @New Market- Bandits are eliminated from the playoff chase.
- Charlottesville- 3 games left- @Harrisonburg, Winchester, Staunton- clinched 1st in South, clinched overall #1 seed. Will the Tom Sox equal the best record since 2004 (32-10, by the 2006 New Market Rebels)?
- Harrisonburg- 3 games left- Charlottesville, @Staunton, Covington- 1 ahead of Waynesboro in the loss column. Close to clinching a top three spot.
- Waynesboro- 2 games left- @Staunton, Covington- 1 loss behind the Turks, while 1.5 games ahead of Staunton. One win AND one Staunton loss will clinch at least 3rd place for the Generals (if the Generals win tonight against Staunton, in other words).
- Staunton- 3 games left- Waynesboro, Harrisonburg, @Charlottesville- 1.5 games behind Waynesboro. Braves will need the Generals to lose 1 of their their 2 remaining games, and win out to tie. If Generals lose both, and Staunton wins out, they will steal 3rd place outright.
- Covington- 3 games left- @Strasburg, @Waynesboro, @Harrisonburg. Jacks are eliminated from the playoffs.