I have far too many links to share, so let’s do one giant link dump today!
- Max Povse (Staunton 2013) is off to a ridiculous start at Carolina. He threw 7 more shutout innings last Friday, giving him 13 total scoreless innings so far in 2016. Great start!
- This isn’t a real positive look at a former Valley Leaguer, but Cory Spangenberg (Winchester 2010) is the focus (along with Vincent Velasquez) of this article on pitching. Hitting is hard!
- John Sickels has published an article about Mac Williamson (Harrisonburg 2011), and what we should expect out of him in the majors. Mac was called up to the majors again on April 15th.
- Erik Kratz (Waynesboro 2000, Harrisonburg 2001) received his World Series ring from the Kansas City Royals!
- Over the weekend, Tyler Zombro (Staunton 2014) pitched a complete game for George Mason, but unfortunately still received the loss, 1-0. He needed only 80 pitches to get through 8 innings.
- Gunnar McNeill (Staunton 2014) has set a record for the longest hitting streak (23 games) for the University of Kentucky. McNeill’s hitting 333/375/489 in 141 at-bats for the Wildcats.
- For the first time in program history, Millersville is ranked as the top team in all of Division II. Great news for the six former VBLers on the squad: Stephen Hatala (Strasburg 2015), Jim McDade (Strasburg 2013), Jeremy Musser (Strasburg 2015), Tyler Orris (Waynesboro 2014), Tanner Rahauser (New Market 2014), and Sean Stephenson (Strasburg 2014)!
- Tyler Howe (Waynesboro 2015), from Alabama State, is currently in 6th place in ERA in NCAA Division I (1.08), while Joe Camacho (New Market 2013), also from Alabama State, is 12th (1.29)!